Saturday, February 9, 2013

Introducing Eve

Let's get it out there. I'm new to blogging. I have absolutely no clue as to what I'm doing or why the hell I'm even doing it. And doing a radio blog? WTF? That will never happen. Ever.

So, I'm jumping on the party train with the written blogging. Writing on a piece of paper is safe. Anyway, I'm Eve, a sort of an alter ego to my real self. Eve is a fabulously creative author of paranormal and contemporary gay romance. Is this just fantasy? Not completely. I have been published in the e-reader world through Silver and Red Rose Publishing. I was a best seller at Red Rose. Those of you with Nooks and Kindles, you can check out the publishers website or you can go to Barnes and Noble and Amazon. Just type in my name.

I found writing through Facebook. Weird, huh? I suppose not as weird as some of the things you can find through Facebook, but I digress. If you are familiar with RPGs, that's where I started. I joined group from the popular series by Sherrilyn Kenyon, The Dark Hunters. Only when I wanted to join, all the female parts were taken. I was offered Valerius Magnus and since my good friend Teri was playing his vampire hunting wife and lover, Tabitha. I gave it a shot. I became quite good if I do say so myself. I really took to it.

But rping a character written by another author only allows you to go so far with him. I mean, I was able to create and play story lines, but I was stretching him to his limits. In no way was I going to take the character created by Kenyon and do what ever I wanted with him. I have too much respect for her.

Around the same time I was reaching my limits with Val, another rping friend from another book group encouraged me to join Role Play World, a site created by aspiring writers and a published author who wanted to do more than just play a pre-written character.Reluctantly, mostly out of fear, I went and Winn Cooperman, MD was born. RPing at the site took on more of a story-telling aspect. His story started there and is still waiting for me. I pulled further away from rp as I had known it. (Sorry, T)

There at RPW I received so much support and encouragement. With the help of a particular published author, I was given the opportunity to publish a story of my own. I still don't see what they all saw in me, but here I am.

I love to write and tell stories. I hope to do more.

1 comment: