Monday, February 11, 2013

SHES ALIVE!!!!!!!

It seems my motivation as decided to catch up with the rest of me in the last week. It'sbeen like a whirlwind. Well at least like a stiff breeze.

In the last six to eight months, I've gone through a lot of personal changes and unfortunately, my muse had no desire to deal with my bullshit. She took a hiatus. So for the last few months I have struggled to even get a paragraph on a page. It's been pathetic. I was dead as a writer.

But I guess I forced her return. I took an assignment, a special call for work from a publisher. The piece I did was small, not even 6k words, but I got it done. It took much longer than it should have until Ms. I-Just-Don't-Feel-Like-Helping-You-Be-A-Writer decided to give me a little help. It was submitted last week.

My muse has decided to hang around. I'm more motivated than I have been in quite awhile. I've been mulling things over, thinking them through, talking with some people. I wrote a letter to a publisher and reworked a piece I finished a while a go. It's the sequel to one that was published a year ago. I started working on another paranormal piece. This one was also mostly ready to go but I was never happy with it. Maybe it needs more sex.

My friend, author Tess Black, asked me to do a blog for Valentine's Day and feature my short story Sweet Temptations. That can be found on her blog tessblack11.blogspot.com It looks really cool on her page.

I was supposed to do an author chat for authors of my one publisher tonight, but it ended up being three authors chatting about what they're working on.I thought it would be people asking questions and such. I left. I was bored. I'd rather write or in this case, blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment